What was said
What this says
Current to 13 Oct 26Sophie Ling recaps discovery and proposes Growth, a demo on Carnmoor's own data and a proposal. Gemma Thorne agrees but cannot decide price without Ian Prendergast, the finance director, and wants to see the proposal paper first.
Ask: Sophie proposes the Growth tier, a demo on Carnmoor data, then a written proposal. The £54k is a planning figure for the deal as a whole, stated as total value and not an annual price.
Customer view: Gemma accepts the recap but says the desk and account managers differ on timing, not numbers. She cannot decide price without Ian and would not promise the November target until he has seen the paper.
Next: Gemma is to brief Ian and send demo names. The proposal must separate implementation from subscription, since Ian will look at that split first.
The thread
Updated 9 Oct 26Messages
- Sophie Ling 21 Aug 2025 13:57Hi Gemma, Thank you for your time on the discovery call, and please pass on my thanks to your colleague from the service desk. It was useful to hear how things really work. Here is what I took away, so you can correct me where I have it wrong: - Your corporate account managers rebuild each client's fleet picture by hand before every review, pulling from several systems. - The service desk and the account managers do not always see the same numbers, so a review can start from an argument rather than an agreed position. - Remarketing would like the same view of a client's fleet and queries, but that is a second step rather than a first. The natural fit on our side is the Growth tier, because it covers several teams on one layer. For planning purposes we are working with a figure of £53,800 for the deal as a whole. That is the total value, not an annual price, and the proposal will separate the one-off implementation from the subscription so you and Ian can see each part clearly. Proposed next steps: - A demo using your own data, so you can judge it on real clients rather than examples. - A written proposal after that. - If it is going well, an aim of having an agreement in place by Tuesday 18 November 2025. That date is a working target, not a deadline, and it moves with whatever you need internally. Could you tell me who else should be in the demo, and whether Ian would like to see the commercial side early? Kind regards, Sophie Sophie Ling Account Executive, BB-Demo
- Gemma Thorne 22 Aug 2025 16:38Hi Sophie, Thanks, that is a fair summary. One tweak: the disagreement between the desk and the account managers is usually about timing rather than the numbers themselves. They are looking at the same client on different days. Worth bearing in mind for the demo. I like the idea of using our own data. Let's get the service desk in on that too, as they will spot a wrong answer faster than I will. On the commercial side, I cannot take a decision on price without Ian, and he will want to see the split between implementation and subscription before he looks at anything else. He reads every line, so I would send him the proposal when it is ready rather than a number in an email. I will talk to him next week so he is expecting it. I will come back to you with names for the demo. The date in November is fine as a target, but I would not promise it until Ian has seen the paper. Thanks, Gemma