What was said
What this says
Current to 11 Oct 26After the 26 May 2026 demo, Niamh Costello says it landed well but wants the security review started this week and specific delivery dates. Matteo Ricci holds the Enterprise proposal at £155,000 and gives no dates yet.
Ask: Niamh wants the CISO given something in writing, with dates against each item. She wants phase one limited to broker distribution and customer service, and a specific timeline for her board.
Customer view: positive on the broker view, but she will not move until the CISO is comfortable. Vague timelines are not acceptable to her.
Next: Theo Gallagher runs the security working session, and Matteo drafts the narrower scope and sends dated delivery plans once engineering confirms them. The target signing date of 30 Jun 2026 depends on both.
The thread
Updated 9 Oct 26Messages
- Matteo Ricci 26 May 2026 17:07Dear Niamh, Thank you for your time today. I would rather summarise the demo in writing while it is fresh, so that you and your colleagues can see exactly what we covered. What you saw was the brain running on a sample of your own broker and service data: one view of each broker firm, with distribution and customer service looking at the same record. You asked how that would work for the brokers and for the teams who handle their queries, and I think the answer is that the same question gets the same answer in both places. On the commercial side, the proposal we discussed is for the Enterprise tier, with a total deal value of £155,000. Your target for signing is 30 Jun 2026, and I have that as the working date on our side. Let me confirm in writing that nothing is agreed on delivery dates until our engineering team has confirmed them; I will not put a date in front of you that they have not seen. Three things I would like to settle with you: First, the security review, which I know matters most to your CISO. Theo is copied and will contact him directly. Second, which teams you want in the first phase. Third, what your regulator will need to see from us as a supplier. Please tell me what is missing and I will fix it. Best regards, Matteo
- Niamh Costello 26 May 2026 19:34Matteo, Thank you, this is a helpful summary. The demo landed well with the team, particularly the broker view. The question I keep asking is what good looks like for the brokers, and I think we are close to an answer. Two points from my side. The security review needs to start properly this week. I need our CISO comfortable before I take anything further, and he will not accept a verbal assurance from anyone, me included. Please have Theo send him something he can respond to in writing, with dates against each item. On the phasing, let's not over-engineer it. I would rather start with broker distribution and customer service and add teams later than debate scope for another month. On timing, I need you to be specific about when each piece would be ready. Vague timelines are not going to work for my board. Best, Niamh
- Matteo Ricci 27 May 2026 11:40Dear Niamh, Thank you, that is clear and I agree with all of it. On security: Theo has already written to your CISO to propose a working session, and he will open it by listing the open findings and who owns each one, so nothing is left ambiguous. Where we owe you evidence, he will attach it. Where an answer depends on our platform team, he will ask them first and come back with a dated commitment rather than a best guess. On phasing: I will draft the scope as broker distribution and customer service only, and show what we would add later as a separate option. That keeps the order form simple and keeps the total deal value at £155,000 as in the proposal. On timing: as soon as engineering has confirmed the delivery plan I will send it to you in writing, with dates. Until then I would rather tell you that it is pending than give you a number I cannot defend. Elena Novak, who looks after customers at BB-Demo, will be in touch once we are further along so you know who to call after signature. Best regards, Matteo